Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan
Untapped Investment Opportunities
Potential opportunities for investment abound, particularly in the following sectors:
- Infrastructure: Opportunities in rail, air transportation to further develop Rwanda as an EAC hub
- Agriculture: Backbone of economy. Potential for growth through productivity and value addition
- Energy: Power generation, off grid generation and significant methane gas, hydro and other opportunities
- Tourism: Unique assets creating booming sector, growth potential in birding and business/conference tourism
- Information and communication Technology: Priority sector for Vision 2020, new ICT park to be developed
- Human Capital: The EAC region has sufficient human capital to support new and existing businesses in the EAC with high quality, innovative and skilled human resource at all levels.
- Education, research and innovation: Regional innovation ecosystems are grossly lacking and need to be established in partnership with the private sector.
The region is also endowed with a variety of minerals, including fluorspar, titanium and zirconium, gold, oil, gas, cobalt and nickel, diamonds, tanzanite, copper, coal and iron ore. This presents an opportunity for investment and development of the mining industry.
Mutcho Cultural group. Non profit organisation. Halifax